||Home of the Jaguars!
Here's what you need to know this week:
1. Sorry to repeat this info for the gajillionth time, but our performance is on Friday, 12/16 at 2:00 in our classroom (room 32).
2. We're making special t-shirts for the Jaguars to wear for the show (I'll be keeping them safe and sound in the classroom), but I'd like everyone to wear BLUE JEANS OR OTHER BLUE PANTS on the bottom on performance day (a week from Friday). If your child doesn't have any blue jeans, blue pants, or blue leggings, they can wear gray or black. Jeans would be the best if you have them, though.
3. Please have your Jaguar keep practicing their lines every night, even if they already say them like a trained Shakespearean actor. In class, I've been encouraging everyone to really be over-the-top with their volume and enthusiasm. :)
4. Looking ahead: Our Winter Break Party will be from 12:45-1:30 on Thursday, December 22. That day will also be Pajama Day! All first graders are invited to wear their pajamas to school. We'll have early dismissal (1:30) that day.
5. I didn't hear from anyone with questions about the report card, so I gather that everything was pretty clear. As always, you know where to find me if something comes up! :) Please sign and return the envelope in the folder this week. Thanks!
6. If you'd like to order books from Scholastic, and you'd like to receive the books before Winter Break, please return your order form or order online by this Tuesday (12/6). The instructions for online ordering are here.
Happy Almost December!
It's great to be heading back to school after such a long break! I hope you all had plenty of fun family time (and pumpkin pie). :)
This week, we'll be working hard on our show, "Under the Ocean", and are excited about performing for you on Friday, 12/16 at 2:00 pm in our classroom. Feel free to bring little brothers and sisters, as well as grandparents. We'll find a way to squeeze everybody in. :)
If you can't make it to the performance, perhaps you can come and see us at a dress rehearsal, where we'll perform for other students. There will likely be dress rehearsals on Tuesday, 12/13, Wednesday 12/14, and Thursday, 12/15. I'll let you know as soon as the rehearsal schedule is finalized.
Things to know this week:
1. Please make sure that your Jaguar is practicing their lines for a few minutes each night. They should always try saying everything LOUDLY, SLOWLY, CLEARLY, and with EXPRESSION. They should also pause for punctuation.
2. There will be no Artist of the Month for December, since we'll be busy doing all kinds of other crafty stuff.
3. Report cards will be sent home in the white folders this Friday. I'll be adding a section to this website called "Report Card Information", with some additional information for you. After you receive your Jaguar's report card on Friday, you might want to check it out if you have any questions. Of course, I'm always here to answer questions as well. :)
4. Looking ahead: On the day of our ocean performance (Fri. 12/16) I'd like everyone to wear blue jeans for the bottom part of their costume, so we all look kind of watery. If your Jaguar doesn't have any jeans, they can wear any blue pants or leggings, or even black or grey pants or leggings. I don't want anyone to feel they need to go out and buy anything. On top, we'll be wearing special t-shirts that we're going to make in class. I have purchased shirts for everyone, so you don't have to do anything. :)
5. Photo retakes (there were just a few students who had them taken) arrived today! I'll send them home tomorrow (Tuesday).
I think that's all for now!Have an awesome week,
Mrs. C. :)
Dates to Note:
12/7 - Family Science Night
12/16 - Under the Ocean Performance 2:00
12/22 - Winter Break Party - Pajama Day
12/22 - 1:30 Dismissal
12/23 - 1/8 - No School - Winter Break
1/9 - First Day Back!
Mrs. C's Class Website