We're in Antarctica right now, and we're discovering what an amazing continent it is! We're also immersed in measurement, fractions, and telling time in Math, and we're learning how to write opinions and persuasive reviews! It's an exciting time of the year!
Here's what you need to know this week:
1. Valentine's Day is this Tuesday. If your Jaguar is bringing cards from home, they may want to carry the cards in a small bag with handles, so it will be easy to pass them out in the classroom. We'll be passing out cards in the afternoon. We will be making a special valentine holder in class, so you do not need to make a valentine box at home.
2. If your Jaguar didn't bring their collection of five items today, please have them bring it tomorrow. Thanks!
3. Next Monday, February 20, is Presidents' Day, so there is no school that day.
4. Our field trip to the Library is on the 27th. If you volunteered to drive and chaperone, you'll be hearing more from me this week.
Okay, that's all I can think of for now! I'll send out my usual Wednesday reminder email, and I'll see you back here next Tuesday. Have a wonderful long weekend!
Mrs. C. :)
We had a great time in China last week, and capped off the week by tasting some fried rice and celebrating the 100th day of school! We were unable to do 100th day PE activities due to the rain, so we'll try to squeeze those in one day this week or next, when the weather cooperates.
We're in Kenya now, and we'll be reading new folktales, learning about animals on the savanna, and even singing and counting in Swahili!
Throughout the week, we'll be doing lots of measuring, dividing shapes into equal parts, writing more opinions, and building our Social Studies vocabulary!
We'll work on a couple of special valentines in class this week, but if your Jaguar would like to pass out valentines to their classmates on the 14th, they'll need to make those at home. I sent home a class list attached to your Jaguar Weekly Reminder email on 1/25.
That's all the news for now!
We are in Taiwan for another day, and then we'll head to China to continue celebrating the Chinese New Year! After that, we'll be flying to Kenya to look for animals on the savanna!
Here's the latest news:
1. This Friday, February 3 will be the 100th day of school! First Graders will be celebrating with an hour of special P.E. activities from 8:45 until 9:45 (weather permitting). Please make sure that your Jaguar wears comfortable shoes that day. Thanks!
2. I already emailed you about this, but I thought a reminder might not be a bad idea...
We'll celebrate Valentine's Day by passing out valentines on February 14th. If your Jaguar is making or buying valentines to hand out that day, please make sure that they've labeled each valentine with who it's TO as well as who it's FROM. Thanks!
While we don't have a Valentine's Day party in first grade, we do fill the day with lots of Valentine's Day activities.
3. If you haven't turned in your green "Around the World" form, it's not too late! I want to make sure we visit all of the countries that are important to you.
That's all for now!
Have a wonderful week!
Mrs. C. :)
Dates to Note:
2/20 - Presidents' Day - NO SCHOOL
2/27 - Public Library Field Trip
3/10 - Professional Development Day - NO SCHOOL
4/3-4/7 - Spring Break - NO SCHOOL
4/17 - NO SCHOOL