First of all, I'd like to say an ENORMOUS thank you to Dena for coordinating our Gala Basket. I hear that a great time was had by all on Saturday night! Thank you to everyone for your contributions to our basket, and for all of the ways that you support the students and staff at Sunset throughout the year. Sunset is a wonderful place to learn (and to teach!) because of you!
I just have a couple of notes for this week:
• Report cards went home in your Jaguar's folder last Friday. Please sign and return the empty envelope any time this week. If you have any questions about your child's report card, I'm here to answer them. :) There is also a section of this website called "Report Card Information", with answers to some questions you might have.
• Spring Break will run from Monday 4/3 through Friday 4/7. There will be no homework over the break, but I encourage everyone to keep reading!
• I'm adding a couple of important dates in the Dates to Note section at the bottom of this page. Our performance of the Three Piggy Opera (a 1st grade tradition here at Sunset) will be on Thursday, June 1 at 6:45 pm in the Multi-Purpose Room. Our Around the World performance will tentatively be on Thursday, May 11th at 1:50 in our classroom. I'll confirm the date soon, but please pencil it in for now! :) I've also added Open House in there, and the last day of school (sniff!).
Have a fabulous week!
Mrs. C. :)
Just a quick update this week:
1. Remember that we have 1:30 dismissal all week.
2. Report Cards will go home in the white folders on Friday. Please just sign the envelope right below where you signed last trimester, and send back the empty envelope.
3. The Scholastic Book Fair will be held in the Library all this week. It is open from 8:15am-3:30pm M,W, Th, F, and 8:15am-7:00pm on Tuesday. Students must be accompanied by a parent.
4. No pinching on Friday! :) Students are welcome to wear green for St. Patrick's Day, but naturally students are not allowed to pinch others who are not wearing any green. :)
5. Kleenex needed! I completely forgot to buy Kleenex this weekend, and we're down to our last three boxes. If anyone has a box they could donate, our noses (and sleeves) would be so grateful. :)
6. The office is in need of some gently used pants in sizes that would fit Kindergartners and first graders, to help out kids who find need a change of clothes during the school day. The next time your child outgrows a pair of pants, please consider donating them. Thanks!
That's it for now! Have a great week!
Mrs. C. :)