Thank you all so much for coming to cheer on your Jaguars at their performance on Friday! I am so very proud of them for all of their hard work and dedication, and I hope you enjoyed the show!
Please note about the shirts:
**The dye in the shirts will bleed for the first few washes, so I'd advise that you wash them with darks only, and in cold water, for awhile. To preserve the iron-on transfer, turn the shirt inside out before washing.
This week will be fairly low-key and full of fun activities and projects (cleverly designed to contain the kids' abundant excitement). :) Then, on Thursday, we'll have a special Pajama Day! Everyone can wear their jammies to school, and we'll snuggle up with some good books, and then have a party at the end of the day.
We have 1:30 dismissal on Thursday.
There is NO SCHOOl this Friday, December 18.
There is NO HOMEWORK this week.
There is also no homework at all during winter break, but please keep on reading! Also, if your Jaguar writes a few thank you cards, it will keep those writing skills from getting rusty. When we come back on Monday, January 9, 2017, I'll send home some shorter-than-usual homework for that week.
I'll send a quick reminder email this Wednesday, like I always do.
Bye for now!
I don't have too much to report this week, so I'll just stick to the most important thing:
Our performance is this Friday, December 16, at 2:00 in our classroom! You're welcome to come in and find a seat beginning at 1:50. We can't wait to have you in our audience! Grandparents and little siblings are welcome as well! :)
Jaguars should wear blue jeans or leggings to school that day, or black or dark grey pants. It happens to be Ugly Sweater Day at Sunset that day, so everyone can wear an ugly sweater on top if they'd like to participate in that spirit day. We'll change into our special shirts right before the show.
We'll see you on Friday!
Mrs. C. :)
Here's what you need to know this week:
1. Sorry to repeat this info for the gajillionth time, but our performance is on Friday, 12/16 at 2:00 in our classroom (room 32).
2. We're making special t-shirts for the Jaguars to wear for the show (I'll be keeping them safe and sound in the classroom), but I'd like everyone to wear BLUE JEANS OR OTHER BLUE PANTS on the bottom on performance day (a week from Friday). If your child doesn't have any blue jeans, blue pants, or blue leggings, they can wear gray or black. Jeans would be the best if you have them, though.
3. Please have your Jaguar keep practicing their lines every night, even if they already say them like a trained Shakespearean actor. In class, I've been encouraging everyone to really be over-the-top with their volume and enthusiasm. :)
4. Looking ahead: Our Winter Break Party will be from 12:45-1:30 on Thursday, December 22. That day will also be Pajama Day! All first graders are invited to wear their pajamas to school. We'll have early dismissal (1:30) that day.
5. I didn't hear from anyone with questions about the report card, so I gather that everything was pretty clear. As always, you know where to find me if something comes up! :) Please sign and return the envelope in the folder this week. Thanks!
6. If you'd like to order books from Scholastic, and you'd like to receive the books before Winter Break, please return your order form or order online by this Tuesday (12/6). The instructions for online ordering are here.