||Home of the Jaguars!
Welcome back from a nice, long weekend!
Thanks for coming to Open House last Thursday! All of the fabulous work that your Jaguar showed you that night will be sent home before the end of the year.
As we head into the final two weeks of school, there are about a zillion little bits and pieces that I need to tell you, but I'm going to wait until the Three Piggy Opera is over before I fill your heads with all of the end of the year stuff!
We've got a fairly normal week ahead, but here are a couple of things to note:
1. Our 3 Piggy Dress Rehearsal will be on Wednesday morning at 10:10. ALL DOLPHINS NEED TO WEAR THEIR COSTUMES TO SCHOOL ON WEDNESDAY. If your Jaguar would like to change after the rehearsal, they can bring a change of clothes to school.
If you can't come to the performance on Thursday evening, you are welcome to come to our dress rehearsal.
2. Our 3 Piggy Opera performance will be this Thursday evening! Please bring your Jaguar to the classroom at 6:35. The show will begin at 6:45, and we'll be done before 7:30. I'm sorry that it overlaps with the Warriors game, but there's nothing we can do about that...
3. Volunteer Tea this Wednesday, May 31 from 2:00-3:00 in the MPR!
I sent home invitations to all volunteers a few weeks ago. Even if you haven't RSVP'd, you are still very welcome to join the festivities! We appreciate everything that you do for us here at Sunset, and we host a Volunteer Tea at the end of each year as a small token of our appreciation.
Thanks, everyone! We'll see you on Thursday evening!
Mrs. C. :)
Here's the scoop for this week, and some reminders for upcoming events:
1. Open House is this Thursday, May 25, from 6:30-7:30. Your kids will tour you around our classroom, and you can visit any other rooms in the school you'd like to see! The whole family is welcome. Come for the whole hour, or just drop in for a quick visit.
2. Our Three Piggy Opera performance will be on Thursday, June 1 at 6:45pm. All Jaguars will need to be in the classroom at 6:35, so that we can be ready to start at 6:45.
3. Here's everything you need to know about Three Piggy Costumes!
Some items will be provided (as noted below). We'll put them on over our clothes just before we go on stage, and take them off right afterward.
Here's what your Jaguar needs to wear for the performance, and also to wear to school the day before (Wednesday, May 31) for our dress rehearsal:
All Peddlers: Jeans, overalls, denim skirt, or some type of farm-ish clothes. Plaid shirts are great, but not necessary. Straw hats are awesome if you happen to have one.
All Wolves: Brown, black, or gray pants and long-sleeved shirt. Sweats are great, and it would be good if the top and bottom are roughly the same color. I'll provide ears and tails for the wolves.
All Pigs: Pigs will be provided with a pink pig t-shirt, a pig mask, and a pig tail. Mother Pig will be given a pig apron. Underneath, pigs can wear a pink skirt, pink dress, or pink pants if you have any of those. If not, just wear gray or brown pants.
Father Pig can wear a shirt with a collar.
If anyone needs help finding the things they need, please email me. I'm sure I can dig up something for you.
4. Last call for Scholastic orders! Place your online order by 8pm tonight.
5. Remember, there is no school next Monday 5/29.
6. Volunteers, please send in your RSVP for the Volunteer Tea if you haven't already done so. Thanks!
See you all on Thursday night!Mrs. C. :)
Dates to Note:
5/30 - Celebrate Sofia's Birthday
5/31 - Dress Rehearsal 10:10am MPR
5/31 - Volunteer Tea 2:00
6/1 - Celebrate Braxton's Birthday
6/1 - 3 Piggy Opera 6:45pm MPR
6/5 - Celebrate Justin's Birthday - 1:30 Dismissal
6/6 - 1:30 Dismissal
6/7 - Celebrate Ruby's Birthday - 1:30 Dismissal
6/8 - Last Day of School - 12:30 Dismissal
Mrs. C's Class Website