||Home of the Jaguars!
Thank you all for helping your Jaguar to do such a fabulous job on their homework and plastic bag book reading last week!
I want to remind you all that we've got some schedule changes coming up soon. First of all, on Friday October 7th there is NO SCHOOL. When we return from that 3-day weekend, things get a bit wacky. Parent-Teacher Goal-Setting Conferences begin on October 10th and end on October 21st for all grades. So, all students will have 1:30 dismissal every day from Monday, October 10 through Friday, October 21.
****I sent a neon yellow conference selection page in the folder last Friday. Please select your top four choices for conference times (by numbering 1,2,3 and 4), and return the yellow page in the homework folder this Thursday. Then, I will email you with your confirmed conference time.
In other news:
• I've added the week's spelling words and dictation sentences to the Spelling page of the Curriculum section.
• I sent home a neon red paper on Friday with information about Xtra Math and Spelling City, two online resources that can help your child practice math facts and spelling words at home.
• I also sent home some Scholastic flyers. If you'd like to order any books, you can send the order form and a check to school in the folder on Thursday. If you'd like to order books online, instructions are here.
• This Friday, September 30 is Picture Day!!! Before Friday, please go online to www.mylifetouch.com if you'd like to order by credit card (our Picture Day ID is BY416802Q0).
• If you are participating in the PTO's Fall Fundraiser, please turn in all orders by this Friday, September 30. Thanks!
• I was so very impressed with the great work on last week's spelling test. If you have any questions about spelling tests, please check out the Spelling page of the Curriculum section, or feel free to come to me with questions.
• When I correct student work, a check mark means that something is correct. If something is incorrect, I circle it, or write a note beside it. When I check papers for accuracy, it's usually so I can assess each student's need for review, practice, or challenge with different concepts and skills. Generally, the only things you'll see coming home with actual grades on them will be Spelling and Math tests, and the occasional Science test. Later in the year, there will be Reading Comprehension tests as well.That's all for today! I'll send my usual little reminder email on Wednesday.
Have fun this week!
Mrs. C. :)
I've been busy adding new sections to the website, so please check out the following:
1. There is now a Jaguar Homework page, with all the homework information you could ever want.
2. There is now a Plastic Bag Books page, with a bit of information about our Plastic Bag Books reading program. More details went home in the bag with your child's first book. (The class roster is on the other side.)
3. In the First Grade Curriculum section, there is now a Spelling page, with lots of information, plus our spelling list and dictation sentences for the week.
In other news:
• Morning (8:00-8:30) Fun Runners begins this week! All students are invited to participate on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays beginning at 8:00 am.
• The PTO Fall Fundraiser is on! On Friday, your Jaguar brought home a packet of catalogs and order forms for this important fundraiser, which runs through September 30.
• Please take a few minutes to write your child's name on all of their jackets, sweaters, sweatshirts, hats, lunchboxes, and water bottles.
• Thursday is the day to hand everything in. Please have your child bring their library book and their white folder (with homework inside) every Thursday.
• Plastic Bag Books are one thing that can be returned any day, and every day, if possible! :)
• Thank you to the many volunteers who have already been in the classroom helping us read. Everyone is welcome!
• I've created a Shutterfly site called “The Jaguars 2016-2017” to share pictures of life in room 32. You should have received an email invitation to join. If you join the site, you can view photos that I've taken, add photos that you take of our class throughout the year, and order your own prints and photo gifts if you'd like to.
This is not a public site, so only Jaguar families have access to these photos. I disabled all of the other features of the site (like the message board and calendar), so it is for sharing and viewing photos only.
If you don't have a Shutterfly account, you'll be guided through the steps for creating a free account before you can log in to our site.
**If you already have a Shutterfly account, but it is linked to a different email address than the one at which you receive the invitation, let me know, and I can invite you via your other email address. Thanks, and I hope you enjoy it!
Have a wonderful week!
Mrs. C. :)
Dates to Note:
9/16-30 - Fall Fundraiser
9/30 - School Picture Day
9/30 - Family Movie Night
10/7 - Professional Development Day - NO SCHOOL
10/10-10/21 - Fall Parent Teacher Conferences
10/23 - Halloween Carnival (Sunday)
10/31 - Halloween Parade and Party
Mrs. C's Class Website