The most important bit of information to remember this week is that our Walk-A-Thon is on Friday! All students will participate in the Walk-a-thon, but sponsorship is optional. Students should wear comfortable shoes, sunscreen, and a hat. Our grade level color is YELLOW, so please have your Jaguar wear something yellow to school that day, if at all possible.
Here's some information provided by the PTO:
Sunset's Walk-A-Thon is this Friday!
Get your walking shoes on and get ready for Sunset's Annual Walk-a-Thon this Friday, April 28th. This is a fun event the kids enjoy year after year!
This year we are excited to roll out an awesome web based fundraising system that makes it easier to request pledges. The information to set up the website is below and a flyer with additional information was sent home last week:
• Go to http://pledgestar.com/sunsetelementary
• Enter your name and email address, then click Register
• Follow the instructions on-screen
We will have Boomers passes for the students who have the most online sponsors!
• Walk-a-Thon forms sent home week of April 10th (this includes sponsor sheet for those not wanting to use the online option, shout out form and volunteer form)
• Shout Out Order Forms are due April 26th (please drop in PTO mailbox in the office)
• Walk-a-Thon is Friday, April 28th
• Pledge donations are due by May 5th
Please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.
Jill Pauli is enlisting volunteers for the Walkathon on behalf of the PTO. If you are available to help out on Friday, please either send in the paper volunteer form, or sign up online by going here:
Have a wonderful week, everyone!
Mrs. C. :)
I just have a couple of reminders for this week:
Around the World Performance:
Our big, giant, awesome, Around the World performance is coming up in about three weeks, on Thursday, May 11 at 1:50 in our classroom. Jaguars should be practicing their lines for a few minutes each night. It's important to practice saying everything very LOUDLY, SLOWLY, CLEARLY, and WITH EXPRESSION.
All lines should be memorized by May 1st, but the sooner, the better! :)
* Remember that all Jaguars should wear a plain, solid-colored shirt (in any color that might be found on any world flag) to school on May 11, and blue jeans on the bottom. If you don't have jeans, blue or black pants or leggings would be fine, but no skirts or dresses, please. I have several shirts I'd be happy to lend if you need one!
• A few folks have asked about the Three Piggy Opera, which is a first grade tradition here at Sunset. Unlike our Ocean and Around the World performances, the Three Piggy Opera will be an evening performance (6:45 on June 1), on stage in the Multi-Purpose Room.
As for all of the other information about the Three Piggy Opera, such as roles, costumes, etc, I'll fill you in on all of that once our Around the World show is out of the way. It will be easy and stress-free, I promise! :)
• Please note that we have Open House coming up on the evening of Thursday, May 25! This will be an evening for the whole family to attend, and the Jaguars will have a lot of fabulous things to show you.
As always, please email me if you have any questions about anything. :)
Have a lovely week!
Mrs. C. :)